Online Conference Registration
with a Credit Card
ECAT has added an option which
utilizes the online credit card function at CALSmart Online to process registration
fees, depositing them to the department's account and sending registrant
information to the conference coordinator.
The service ECAT provides is only for conference participants who wish to pay with a credit card.
- The department must:
- Create a website for the conference.
- Set up a form to register participants who wish to pay by PO or check (using the formhandler program available on the agserver).
- Provide ECAT with the sponsor name, conference name, dates, registration fee(s), contact information using this form.
- Print out, read, sign and fax to 626-8688 the agreement form. Keep a copy for future reference.
- ECAT will:
- Provide the department with a link to the Calsmart Online registration page.
- Gather the registrant's information and process the credit card transaction through the Bank of America's secure site (currently maintained by Cybersource).
- Send an email confirmation to the registrant.
- Send an email with the registrant's information to the conference coordinator.
- Deposit the registration fee to the department's account (minus 3% for the credit card company, 9% for the university for outside revenues and 5% as a processing fee for ECAT.).
We have set up a Test Conference with very low fees for you to test. You may try out the demo conference registration. Warning: This site is live so you must use a valid credit card if you want to complete the entire conference registration process. The transaction will not be invoiced to the card.
If you have a conference in your
future plans that would benefit from this feature and have additional questions, contact ECAT for an
appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.